The Food Safety Control team’s mission will be to ensure that Congebec respects all imposed obligations and regulatory requirements as well as obligations and requirements of the countries where our clients export. This team will specifically be responsible of reviewing and applying the HACCP program, and of maintaining BRC certifications.
This is a permanent, full-time position on a day-shift.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Director, the Food Safety Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures all Quality programs meet company and customers’ requirements and regulatory guidelines
- Ensures Quality programs and customer protocols are effective and implemented as written
- Trains onsite management and employees on GMP’s (Good manufacturing practice) and quality programs
- Develop and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with the CFIA agent on site
- Take responsibility for any CAR (Corrective Action Request) and timely implementation of any action plan as the case may be
- Participate in internal audit processes
- Participate in any third-party quality audit on site
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future based on operational or staffing needs.
Skills and requirements
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or College degree in food science, biology, nutrition, quality control or a related field
- At least three (3) years of experience in working with or implementing quality systems, with a food processing company or multitemperature warehouse
The ideal candidate will:
- Live by and respect all Congebec’s values
- Be able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on facts and sound, practical judgement and experience
- Be a highly motivated and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Demonstrate a problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills and an ability to work with people at all levels
- Show excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Be enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Know how to have fun!
REQUIREMENTS FOR HIRING
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft suite)
- HACCP or GMP training
- GFSI (global food safety initiative) training would be a strong asset
- Experience in international trade is also considered as a strong asset