We are currently looking for a Logistic Specialist to complete our transport team in Mississauga.
Why Work at Congebec?
- A growing company that stands out in its field.
- Compensation based on your qualifications and experience and competitive benefits.
- A dynamic, convivial and stimulating environment.
The incumbent of the position will be responsible for the day to day management of the logistics function, ensuring cost effectiveness and timely management of freight, using approved carriers based on customer requirement. His/her main tasks will be:
- Organizing all shipments in line with company requirements;
- Choose most suitable carriers and update them with expectations and load details;
- Assist to maintain the accuracy of carrier information;
- Ensuring the integrity of documentation such as Bills of lading, Commercial invoices and packing lists;
- Preparing and maintaining Pickup and delivery schedules and communicating to all relevant departments;
- Deliver against the KPIs;
- Verification of all freight invoices;
- Maintenance of system data requirements and ensuring integrity at all times;
- Maintenance of records;
- Continual review of shipping dates and reporting exceptions;
- To review the ‘value’ offered by existing carriers, ensuring purchasing remains globally competitive;
- Assisting with the re-negotiating of terms of business/service level agreements and performance evaluation and taking corrective action as required;
- Understand current industry market conditions.
- Communicate any carrier issues that might impact operations.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management.
Skills and Requirements
- High school diploma;
- Diploma in logistic transportation (an asset);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a dispatch/Customer service role with FTL and LTL experience in non-asset environment;
- Or any other relevant combination of experience.
- Problem-solving, analysis and decision-making skills;
- Multi-tasking, detail-oriented;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form;
- Leadership and initiative;
- Priority management;
- Customer service oriented;
- Team player;
- Attention to details.
- Bilingual (French and English) (an asset);
- Understanding of the North American transportation industry highway and temperature controlled operations.
- Strong knowledge of North American geography.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of TMS (Transportation Management Systems, Load Link, PC Miler, Truck Mate, etc).