|Permanent||Full Time||12 hours shifts||Mississauga|
We are looking for a Working Chief Engineer to complete our refrigeration/building maintenance team located in our Mississauga’s Warehouse, close to Pearson International Airport.
Monday to Thursday, 12 hours shift (NOT ROTATIVE)
Why work at Congebec?
- We are a growing company that stands out in its field with innovative technologies and national reach.
- We base compensation on your qualifications and experience and competitive benefits.
- We work in a dynamic, convivial and stimulating environment.
- Operate the plant safely to all applicable codes and regulations
- Provide leadership to maintenance staff through effective communication, motivation and feedback
- Train and coach maintenance staff on employee relations, Congebec policies and procedures
- Develop and implement safety initiatives for Maintenance team.
- Actively participate in the Congebec Health and Safety Program and hold employees accountable for their safe behavior to maintain product integrity
- Coach employee to develop effectiveness, accuracy and productivity by organizing and assigning Jobs through use of Guide IT system and other organizational tools, as required
- Responsible of refrigeration and building maintenance, as well as forklift fleet management
- Follow the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program and ensure continued compliance and improvement
- Control maintenance budget expenses and follow administrative procedures with regard to budget management.
- Address employee issues including absenteeism, safety, conflict resolution, corrective action, productivity and performance management
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs.
- Embrace and follow all warehouse policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor team morale and constantly strive to engage your team to raise it.
- Conduct team meetings as required.
*Accommodations are available on request for people with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
**This position description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending on operational or staffing requirements.
Training and professional experience
- Stationary Engineer ‘A’ – Refrigeration Licence (Class A)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Chief Refrigeration Operator
- Analytical skills and Judgment
- Ability to Adapt to Change
- Problem Solving
- Attention to detail (rigor)
- Priority Management
- Team Work and Collaboration
- Communication skills
- Autonomy, resourcefulness, and sense of initiative
- Must be available to be on call as required
- Ability to work in cold (between 4° and -25°C)
- Must have of a valid forklift operator card
- Adopt a secure behavior at work
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems