Congebec Inc. is an organization that provides warehousing and distribution solutions for our clients whose products require specific temperature control. To continue to provide the outstanding service that our clients deserve, we need an Inventory Supervisor to join our team in Calgary!
What Congebec Offers You:
- Stable, full time, permanent employment from Monday to Friday
- Competitive Starting Wage with room to grow
- Full Benefits Program & EAP Program
- Matching Contributions to your Retirement Savings Program and Deferred Profit Sharing
- A fun and engaged team environment!!
Referring to the Operations Manager the incumbent of the position will have as main responsibilities:
- Conducts investigations regarding inventory discrepancies, makes required adjustments, discusses corrective action with employees, and advises customers
- Continuously works with Management to pursue strategies to improve inventory accuracy and increase facility productivity.
- Helps identify training needs and assists in training or coaching staff to improve employees’ inventory management skills
- Assist with pickline maintenance and set-up
- Complete new item set-ups and pickline allocation
- Assists with the management of damaged goods, and disposals
- Assists with recording & reporting Key Performance Indicators to customers
- Co-ordinates physical inventories, cycle counts, recalls, and traces as per customer requirements and communicates the results to the customers
- Makes recommendations and/or improves controls to ensure accuracy of requests
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs.
- Respect the warehouse policies, procedures, standards and follow all of the health and safety Ensure that all compliance and rules regarding warehouse policies, procedures, standards are followed. Ensure all HACCP & BRC standards are meet and regulary reviewed.
- Any other tasks as assigned
- Must live and respect all corporate core values
- Ability to work with out supervision
- Ability to identify and analyze
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with customers, suppliers, and employees
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of warehouse operations
- Operation and knowledge of standard software (MS Office, Logirack), printers photocopier, fax and calculators, voice picking software, RF scanner.
- Team player
Qualifications and skills required:
- Written and spoken English, French would be an asset
- Previous cycle count knowledge
- Experience with a computerised inventory management;
- MS-Office knowledge, more specifically Excel;
- Mathematic skills
- Customer Focus
- Ability and capacity to lift loads up to 25 kg;
- Ability to work in cold (between 40 and -25°C);
- Will require a valid forklift operator license
- Adopt a secure behaviour at work
Education and professionnal experience:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D or equivalent.
- University degree in business, with a focus on manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, or materials management.
- 3 years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function or supply chain management position, direct experience in Inventory Control an asset.
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of WMS and other systems.
- Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID), bar code systems, and electronic data interchange (EDI) may be required.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.